Wednesday, February 21, 2007

5 WEEKS

Today is 5 weeks since we were officially approved by Taiwan to adopt a baby. We were told that we should receive a referral within 3-6 weeks. Obviously it didn't happen in 3 weeks, or even 4 or 5 weeks for that matter, so I'm hoping it will be soon. All I can say is that I'm glad that we signed up for this program when we did because now people are being told 6 months!!!! It's amazing to think that this program has grown that much that quickly. The waiting is the worst part, especially since we don't know for sure if we're getting a boy or girl...probably a boy since pretty much everyone requests girls, but we don't know for sure. I've promised Alan that I won't buy anything until we get the referral and I must say I'm pretty proud of myself so far. The temptation is definitely there, but I'm showing some amazing self restraint!!! I guess that's about if for now...check back soon!!!

1 comment:

Tina said...

Girl you are doing better than me 'cause I have already bought stuff!!!! Gender neutral of course!!!