Tuesday, May 29, 2007

TOO COOL!!


Okay, some of you know this story (or at least the first part), but many of you don't and I just had to share it with you. My hairdresser, Gary (who is totally cool!!), has another client(Mike) who is very good friends with Ronde Barber of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. Gary knows that Ronde is my favorite player so he asked Mike if he could get Ronde to sign something for me and Mike said it shouldn't be a problem. Well, the only problem I had was that I had just recently seen Ronde at a charity golf tournament and had just had him sign my "real" jersey and 2 hats, so I didn't really have anything left. I was telling a friend(Rob) at work of my dilema and he asked if Ronde had ever written any kids books or anything...DUH!!!!! As luck would have it, this past Christmas my brother had just given me the 3 kids books that Ronde has written with his twin brother Tiki . So, I took the 3 books to the salon before Mike's next appointment so that he could get them to Ronde. I included a photo of Brady....I mean how could Ronde resist after seeing Brady???!!!! Gary was going to tell Mike the short version of how Alan and I got to this point of adoption so he could fill Ronde in. Well, I just got back from getting my hair cut and I have the signed books!!!! Ronde signed each of them "to Brady, Best Wishes, Ronde Barber"!!!! HOW COOL IS THAT???? Brady doesn't know it yet, but he's going to be a BUCS FAN!!! (after all, I can't let him take after his dad and root for the Packers!!!) This is just more proof that Ronde is a standup kind of guy!! : ) So, thanks Ronde, you've made my day!!!!

1 comment:

Sharleen Biever said...

HEY THERE!!! We Packer Fans just might have something to say about that. I'm old enough to remember when "the Pack" didn't need to come back, they were there. Brady will have to be "bi-fannable". We will have to be sure Brady has all the proper attire to watch the Pack with his Dad. (Not sure if they make Cheeseheads in size 0). Sounds like everything is moving along nicely. I'm very happy for you both.
SJBKC