Monday, March 29, 2010

Milestones

Today I got my first "on command" kiss from Emily!!! It was so sweet....I said, "Emily can you give mommy a kiss"? And with that, she looked a me, opened her mouth and put her lips to mine!! And just to make sure I wasn't dreaming, I asked a second time and she did it again!!! :-)

Over the weekend we came to the conclusion that Emily is done with baby food!!! I've sort of suspected this for about 2 weeks I guess because the girl just stares at us and our food when we eat!! Anyway, we were on our way home from CT over the weekend and stopped at McDon@ld's for lunch. I got a table and sat down with Brady and Emily while Alan got our food. While we were waiting for Alan I started feeding Emily her baby food and all was going fine, until Alan showed up with the "real" food!!! She immediately just pushed her spoon away and started screeching. We ended up getting her a cheeseburger of her own and she ate a fair bit of it and probably would have eaten more if we would have let her!!! The little peanut is growing like a weed, right before our very eyes!!

3 comments:

Rydley said...

Those first kisses are so sweet!!

How nice to be done with baby food too!!

Shana said...

Oh, how sweet that she kissed you!! Love it! And who could blame a girl for wanting MickeyD's over baby food?! Emily is "just an American Girl" (to quote Tom Petty).

Robin said...

Awwww, that is so sweet.