Thursday, September 11, 2008

I KNOW

I know it's been awhile since I posted so I thought I'd get you up to speed. We had our second conference call with Gladney last Thursday and it went okay. The good news, which is the important news, is that they did reach an agreement with the Taiwan partner agency and they will be taking over our old agency's files. So, we are "officially" working with Gladney Center for Adoption out of Fort Worth, Texas. Other than that they didn't have much to tell us. What I got from the call is that they are much more overwhelmed than they anticipated being. I think they have a fairly big mess to clean up from our old agency, which is pretty sad because I have to say that our experience with them throughout the entire process of adopting Brady was really pretty smooth and everything went off without a hitch. Anyway, that being said, I'm glad we have a new agency to work with and I'm glad we don't have to start all over, because that would just suck. In the meantime we're waiting to be assigned a new case worker and I guess that is going to take longer than Gladney first estimated because they want to go through each individual file and with us being an "S" name, we're at the bottom of the pile. We have also heard that the Taiwan partner agency (TWCA) will be giving Gladney referrals at a slower pace (slower than what, I'm not sure), so that isn't particularly good news. I'm guessing that if they keep "the list" in the same order that our old agency had we'd be somewhere in the neighborhood of 10th to 15th, but I'm TOTALLY speculating. It does seem like more people have requested girls and since we've said we're open to either gender that helps us a bit. No matter what happens this is going to be a MUCH longer process than it was with Brady, that's for sure!! I'll be sure to continue to let you all know what's going on as I find out more/new information.

In other adoption related news, we have an appointment tomorrow afternoon with our Social Worker so at least we're getting that accomplished. It's funny, because the first time around I was totally freaking out that the house had to be spotless, but that's not a big deal to me this time around. I mean, the house is clean and picked up, but I'm definitely not freaking out about it this time. I'm more concerned that Alan and I haven't filled out ONE piece of paperwork yet!!! I'll give you one guess what we're doing tonight after Brady goes to sleep!!! I realized last week that I totally "dropped the eight ball" with getting our one free re-fingerprinting appt since you have to apply BEFORE your old one expires...oops!!! Although now that I think about it, we might not have been eligible since we completed Brady's adoption. OH WELL!!! I'll be filing the necessary paperwork for that appointment next week.

I'll upload some new pictures of Brady in the next day or two!!!

2 comments:

Shana Giroux said...

I am sorry to hear that the new agency may have a longer wait than you expected. You were right when you posted before, at least you have Brady to help you out with the wait:) I can't imagine how frustrating this must be to you guys. You are in our thoughts!

I had to laugh at your HS comment. Not that big of a deal once you've BTDT, huh? Hope all goes well with it tomorrow!

Rydley said...

Nice to not care about having the house spotless, especially as you have a kid at this time so that's impossible anyway!

Would you mind if I put a link to your blog on ours? I thought I already had one but I was looking today and was surprised it wasn't there! Anyway, I thought I'd ask...