Wednesday, April 30, 2008

EXCITING NEWS!!!

YEP, you read that right!!! Alan and I are officially awaiting a referral for "Baby Suan #2"!!! The thought of giving Brady a sibling is very exciting and at least this time we know what to expect. With that being said, this time around it's going to be MUCH longer than last time, and there are several reasons for that. First and foremost, the Taiwan program has literally exploded, so there are many more families waiting for babies from Taiwan. The state of international adoption is a bit rocky right now as several programs have closed or are closing soon and of course the China program is taking forever right now, which is why so many families are "jumping ship" to Taiwan. (of course these are my opinions and are not confirmed facts). I'm guessing that our wait for referral will be 6-12 months and then another 4-6 months before travel, so like I said it's going to be a long road. But, this time around we have a cute little distraction named Brady, so I think it will be a bit more bearable, but please don't hold me to that! Like last time, we have said that we would accept either gender, so until we get our referral we won't know what we're having. By saying either gender that should, hopefully, speed things along a little for us, but who really knows. I'm guessing that more than likely we'll get another boy, but again, you never know.

So, stay tuned and follow us down this journey to "Baby Suan #2"!!

5 comments:

Katie said...

YIPPPEEE! Such great news! You never know......you had such good luck with Brady's process, maybe you're just the fast process family:-)
Congratulations!

Lynn said...

Congratulations!

Karin and Rob said...

Beth and Alan,
Congratulations on the big news! How exciting that Brady will be a big brother!

I _love_ the rib eating pictures! I wish I could get Ryan interested in eating meat. He loves looking at pictures of other kids when I read the blogs, so I'll have to show him the ones of Brady eating the ribs and hope it catches on!

Congratulations again -- we look forward to following your journey to baby #2!

Stefanie said...

Congratulations! So exciting :-) Hope the process goes smoothly, and I'm sure Brady will keep you plenty busy while you wait!

Shana said...

Beth, Alan, and Brady we are so excited for you! This is such great news. It is wonderful that Brady will be able to share the same heritage with his brother or sister. I suspect the wait will be a little bit easier for you now that you have Brady to keep you occupied.
-Shana