Monday, July 20, 2009

She's Growing & First Care Package

I know neither has anything to do with the other, but it seemed like a good idea to pair them!! LOL

We got updated measurements of Emily today. She is now (at almost 12 weeks) 9.7 lbs and 20.86 inches long!!! Hard for me to imagine if that is big or little at her age, I guess I need to compare that to Brady at the same age.

I also found out that the dress Emily is wearing in the July update photos is one that a fellow blogette left at TWCA and is a size 0-3 months, so that helps a bit.

I mailed Emily's first care package today via the US mail. I did this primarily to save money as *Fedex* and *Ups* can easily be over $100!! I only spent $47 today but I will have no way of knowing if the package gets there unless I see something in the next set of update pictures, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed!!!

I KNOW I totally overdid it with the care package, but I've been buying boy clothes for almost 2 years now, so it was LOTS of fun to pick out little girl things!!!(and my mom sent a few things for her as well) We sent 3 dresses, 4 onesies, 3 t-shirts, 3 pairs of shorts, 2 pairs of pants, a sleeper, a photo album with pics of the 3 of us and the grandparents, a dragonfly rattle/crunchy toy, a blanket we slept with for the past week and a giraffe that Brady picked out for Emily. All of the clothes are 3 month size so it will be interesting to see if she's wearing any of them next month.

The contents of the care package

4 comments:

Robin said...

What a great package. I hope she is wearing the cute dress next update!

Shana said...

LOL, I don't know if that is big or little for her age either:) Love all the cute girl stuff in the care package! You are going to love having a GIRL!! I can already tell:)

Proud Mama and Papa said...

Great stuff....the foster family may need to add an addition on to their house! HA HA! :)

I am sure I will be the same way...if not worse.

Stefanie said...

Before I forget Beth, that color you painted your family room/kitchen is fabulous!!! LOVE IT!!!

That looks like quite a care package, but I won't judge you because girl clothes are SUPER fun! Glad your first hearing is so soon - can't wait to see you with little Emily (and her big cheeks!)in your arms :-)